Can’t come to the Zoo? Bring the Zoo to You! Programs available for groups of all ages and a variety of topics. A few highlighted below:
Home is Where the Habitat Is
- Meets standards K.S.3.2.1, 1.S.5.1.1, 2.S.3.2.1
- Learn about the importance of Habitats!
It’s in the Skins (Reptiles vs. Amphibians)
- Meets standards K.S.3.1.1, 1.S.3.1.2, 2.S.3.2.1
- Why is that snake covered in scales and that salamander so slimy? The answer is in the skins!
- Learn about animals’ special features and their conservation
Predator vs. Prey
- Meets standards 3.S.3.2.1, 3.S.3.2.2, 4.S.3.1.1
- Find out about the important roles animals play in the food webs!
Don’t see a program you need? Contact the Zoo Education Department to schedule a special topic. Outreach programs can be designed for audience members from age 2–102. Each program is individually tailored to meet the needs of your age group, class size, and learning objective.
- Within School District 25: $25.00 first class; $16.00 each additional class per trip
- Beyond School District 25 (up to 25 miles): $40.00 first class; $26.00 each additional class per trip
- Beyond 25-mile radius: $40.00 first class; $26.00 each additional class + $1.00 each mile over 25 per trip
For more information or to make a reservation for School Outreach, please contact us.