5th Grade Zoo SnooZzzz
By reservation from Friday at 5:00 p.m. to Saturday at 9:00 a.m.
(Other days may be available on request.)
This special overnight program is designed for 5th grade groups of 15 to 30 students and a 1 to 3 chaperones. (The preferred ratio is 1 chaperone : 10 students.) Participants sleep in tents or inside the Education Center, depending on weather. Activities include an investigation of native wildlife and going behind the scenes as a zookeeper.
- 5:00 p.m. – Arrive at Education Building (3101 Avenue of the Chiefs) and set up tents
- 5:30 p.m. – Animal Ecology lesson and Behind-the-Scenes tour
- 6:15 p.m. – Predator/prey activity
- 7:00 p.m. – Snack break
- 7:30 p.m. – Night hike (learn about nocturnal animal adaptations)
- 8:15 p.m. – Movie
- 9:45 p.m. – Bedtime
- 7:00 a.m. – Wake up and pack
- 7:30 a.m. – Breakfast
- 8:00 a.m. – Animal training demonstration with zookeepers and live animal encounters
- 9:00 a.m. – Depart
For more information or to make a reservation for a Zoo SnooZzzz, please contact us.