Education Program Policies
- Full payment is necessary to reserve space in a class.
- Registration must be received prior to stated deadlines.
- Please comply with age guidelines for classes.
- The Zoo may cancel a class due to lack of enrollment or unforeseen circumstances. Should this happen, we will contact you to make arrangements.
- The education department reserves the right to dismiss any student for disruptive or threatening behavior.
What to Wear
- Shorts and pants are recommended. Skirts and dresses are not advised as campers will get dirty!
- Labels: Please label ALL of your child’s belongings so they may be returned to the owner if lost.
- Weather: Please dress for the weather. We live in Idaho were it can snow in the morning and may be nice enough to go to the pool in the afternoon. Please send your child dressed accordingly!
- Footwear: Please make sure your child wears closed-toed shoes. No flip flops as we will be doing lots of walking and running!
- Sunscreen is needed. We spend most of our day outside so please have your child wear sun protection such as hats, sunglasses, sunscreen, etc. Sunscreen will be available for children to re-apply during the day, or you may send your own.
Food and Water
- Half-day campers will be provided with one snack.
- Full-day campers will be provided with two snacks. Lunch is provided with a $20 camp lunch fee (sign up in advance). Or campers may bring their own lunch.
- Day classes no snack is provided, however, a class activity may involve food.
- Avoid nuts where possible: We appreciate your effort to send nut free items in an effort to keep all our campers safe.
- Water: Please send a water bottle with all campers. It gets hot in the Zoo and it is important to stay hydrated.
Please let the Zoo staff know if…
- If your child has any medications that we should be aware of
- If there are any medical conditions or allergies that we should be aware of
Drop-Off and Pick-Up
- Will take place at the Education Building: 3101 Avenue of the Chiefs, in Upper Ross Park across from the Animal Shelter.
- Upon drop off and pick up you will sign in and out with a Zoo Camp Staff member.
- Please be prompt in dropping off and picking up your child.
For more information about EdZoocation program policies, please contact us.